Pactum AG announced its decision to become a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). The PRI is recognised as the leading global network for investors who are committed to integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into their investment practices and ownership policies.
The Principles for Responsible Investments, voluntary and aspirational, aim to further understanding of the implications of sustainable investing.
Adhering to the PRI is just one way that Pactum are positioning our investments for the long-term. In doing so, we join a network of more than 3,700 signatories, representing a collective AUM in excess of USD 100 trillion.
In order to become better aligned with the PRI guidelines and the changing regulatory landscape as it relates to sustainable finance, Pactum are committed to continue developing our global sustainable investing guidelines and practices to integrate these into our investment decision-making and reporting process.
The six key principles are:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.